Mole, Toys for Tacos and More this Month
We’re Getting Into the Holiday Spirt:
- Kids month extended for November: You asked, we listened. Every Sunday in November, enjoy your child’s meal on us from our new kids’ menu. It’s our (early) holiday gift to you.
- Toys for Tacos: The holidays are just around the corner and we’re eager to give back. Bring in an unwrapped, brand new toy of your choice November 6-10 to any Puesto location and enjoy our November Taco of the Month on us. Toys will be donated to Toys for Tots.
- Friday, November 3: Churro Eclairs are back at all Puesto locations. This month’s flavors include Dulce de Leche Cheesecake, Apple Pie and Chocolate Coconut Coffee.
- Saturday, November 4: We’re celebrating the best of seafood, tacos and beer at our Boat to Belly event! Fresh catch straight off the boats at the Tuna Harbor Dockside Market will be walked over to Puesto at the Headquarters where we will be turning those tasty sea creatures into three different marisco tacos, each paired with a different 12oz beer from AleSmith. Tickets can be purchased here.
- Friday, November 10: Dessert Day with Chef Jess, starting at 5 pm. She’ll be in the house at our Los Olivos location for a special tableside presentation, serving Puesto Lava Cake! Imagine a large Mexican chocolate lava cake with a spiced graham cracker crust which will be cut open tableside to expose its fondue inspired filling. The dessert will be accompanied with several fondue dippers such as toasted cajeta cake, Mexican cookies, jamaica meringue, and more! Hungry yet?
A Whole Lot of Love in Our November Taco
Fall, the holidays, cooler weather (maybe?!) is in the air… and mole seemed fitting to add to the mix. November’s taco of the month is a turkey meets mole taco – made with over 30 chiles, nuts, chocolate, and red wine.
A little mole history now. According to folklore, mole was invented by poor nuns expecting a visit from the archbishop. The sisters gathered everything that remained in a barren kitchen—chili peppers, day-old bread, some chocolate, and spices—and made a rich sauce that pleased the archbishop. When the archbishop asked what the sisters made, one nun replied “mole,” the ancient word meaning mix. Though there are many kinds, all moles are made with tons of ingredients, hours of loving labor, and immense national pride. Ours is made with lots of Puesto love, from our hearts to yours.
When Cranberry meets Margarita
The Cranberry Sauced is made with Casa Noble Crystal, Campari, unsweetened cranberry juice, lime, and agave. This margarita is sweet and refreshing, but made complex by the dry bitterness of Campari and fresh cranberries. It’s the perfect pairing for the November Taco of the Month and plus, it’s a little punny.
Horchata for A Cause for PanCAN
Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (PanCAN) is our beneficiary for the month of November, which is Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month. The organization is dedicated to fighting the world’s toughest cancer. In their urgent mission to save lives, PanCAN attacks pancreatic cancer from all fronts: research, clinical initiatives, patient services and advocacy. A dollar from each frozen horchata sale will be donated to help PanCAN improve patient outcomes today and to double survival by 2020.